Thursday, July 17, 2008

Well, as expected...

WE went yesterday for our 40 Week, 3 day appointment and NO CHANGE. Luckily I was mentally prepared and Rich was there for support. Although we had to wait an hour to see the doctor (why does that always happen when Rich is with me?), we were both in good spirits and didn't try to rip her head off. She is sending me in today hopefully for a non stress test and U/S to check fluid levels. If there are any concerns, then I'll go in tonight and get the process going. Yea, that's about a 1/1000000 chance. So it is looking like a Sunday night stay for Cervadil to make sure I am soft and ready to go, and then the wonderful Pitocin on Monday morning. She did say if Sunday night I do have progress and my cervix is somehow miraculously ready (surely she jests) she will send us home to get a good night's sleep and we come back in the morning.

Now of course there is a chance my body decides to cooperate in the meantime, and the full moon tomorrow night works some majic. Apparently there is as wive's tale that the moon's gravitational pull effects the water in the amniotic sac the same way it does Rivers, Oceans, etc. So I'll be dancing in my backyard under the full moon praying for my water to break tomorrow night...drop on by if you want to see the show. LOL!! I do have some hope...Erin was pretty much in the same state at her 40 week appt with Owen, and she went into labor on her own 6 days later. So a girl can dream. I will say I am fed up with all the different "ways" to induce labor that just DO NOT work for me. I have eaten pineapple, Eggplant Parm, walked and walked and walked, taken the Evening Primrose Oil pills, drank the Red Rasberry Leaf tea...none of it works. So I am done. I will sit and wait until Sunday where unfortunately modern medicine with have to yank my child from the womb. I am flattered he/she likes me so much and doesn't want to leave.

Now the downside is I am in pain now. Back pain, leg pain, you name it. Last night wasn't as bad as Tuesday, but still it's rough. Luckily Rich has an awesome support system at work and he is going to work from home today and tomorrow, so that will be a huge help. Hopefully last night he finally got a good night's sleep and he gets to sleep past 5 am today :) Yay. He is working soooo hard all day, leaving the house by 6 so he can get home early to cook dinner and take care of Reilly. I am a lucky woman.

So the long and the short of it is, we will have a baby no later than Monday :) Only four more days, so I can't complain too much.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh, Joy...I keep checking in to see if there's any news. Jack was 10 days late and PJ was a week, so I TOTALLY understand what you're going through. I went into labor on my own both times, though...with PJ it was the day before my induction was scheduled, so I hope that happens for you too! Either way, you'll be holding a new baby this weekend!! :)

PhillipstoShade said...

Thinking about you and hoping this baby comes soon!!! Bring on the FULL MOON!! :)