Sunday, July 13, 2008

Today's the day!!!

or is it? Most likely not. I really had a feeling Mom might be pulling some strings up there to get this kid out on her birthday and that I would wake up overnight in labor. No such luck, BUT it's only 6 am, so we still have about 18 hours left in the day. Of course there are no signs of labor whatsoever (I won't share the ghory details of labor signs). So I'll go about my business, take Reilly to Georgie's birthday at Romp n Roll and try to pretend like I'm happy go lucky :) Honestly, I am thrilled that I still feel good enough to do fun things with her now and enjoy our last moments together as a team, just the two of us. It is hard, and I get tired quickly (pool yesterday example), and I lose my patience (more on that later), but at least I can still move around and have fun with her for the most part without too much pain...

This week has been trying though...temper tantrums stemming from I don't know what. Maybe it's intuition that something big is happening here so she is wanting the attention? Last night was a doozy and I lost it for a second. I took her up to the bath and she freaked out, I mean FREAKED. Would not go in, flailing her arms and actually threw herself out of the tub. She wanted to "watch a show"...her new favorite line in a very demanding little voice. It literally took Rich and I 15 minutes to calm her down (after she peed all over him- side note that was the THIRD time she peed while her diaper was off yesterday...hmmm). I had a little meltdown because I got SO frustrated with her and I couldn't take the screaming and flailing. Then I felt awful because we didn't know what was wrong with her and maybe she was in pain? So poor Rich wound up having to pull her together, all the while covered in pee mind you, then console me as I cried worrying about being a bad Mom. Poor guy...but he does it all with grace- he is amazing. Turns out, once she was able to "watch a show", Dora of course, she was immediately happy and then went right to bed. But still needs a bath!! So I may have to fight this fight all over again this morning because we have the birthday party and she is diiiirrrtttty. And she is also awake in her crib right now telling stories to her "guys"! (her guys are Lamby Piggy, Elphenant (pronounced just that way), blankie, and binka- her pacifiers- 2 of them). Side note- her newest thing while she plays is to stuff her guys down between the wall and the crib and then talk to them through the bars like they are in jail- hysterical.

Have I mentioned that instead of her usual waking time of 7-7:30 am, this week she has been waking up between 5:45-6:15 every day? I don't get it!! All I want is my hour of quiet time and coffee and my facebook and ivillage babyboards. Is that too much to ask (LOL). Seriously I am up anyway so it doesn't bother me, but she gets bored and by 7 is already asking to go outside. Ummmm- the rest of the neighborhood is still sleeping, we are not going outside to play at 7 am. Which of course sparks additional temper tantrums. Could it be the terrible two's already? I guess so...As Rich stated so correctly last night, it's not supposed to be easy. Everyone would have kids if it was easy...there isn't a manual or a job description. We figure it out. And I am so happy that my partner is so amazing, but I sure as h^ll would lose it if I had to figure it out on my own everyday. I give single Mom's 1 million % credit and I don't know how they do it. It is HARD. And worth every second. And I can't believe in less than 7 days I get to meet the new member of this amazing little family we have created. And now I have to go because I am crying again. I really thought I would get through the end of this pregnancy without so many tears...but today is my Mom's birthday. She would have been 56 years old. And I miss her. And OMG Reilly is trying to climb out of her crib!!! Wish me labor vibes today :)))

No comments: