Sunday, July 20, 2008

The day FINALLY arrives...

After much hoping and praying I would go into labor on my own, and it never happening, the day finally arrives that the process will begin. I guess there are still about 14 hours to go and my water could break or something crazy like that, but I'm done wishing. I guess I can be thankful that we were able to plan and not be scrambling around at 4 in the morning getting a sitter and worrying about Reilly. Erin is coming today and will stay until Tuesday so she will be happy to have KK and Owie here and probably won't even miss Mommy :) Grammy comes on Tuesday and she will be the center of attention (thus a happy camper, because we all know that's what she loves!).

So today will be last minute errands and preparation (OK I say that is if I will actually be doing these things, but really it's all Rich). Pretty much Rich has been doing everything, cooking, cleaning, taking Reilly to birthday parties at the zoo in 100 degree heat, washing the cars, putting together rooms, etc. My role the last 72 hours or so consists mainly of sleeping, sitting on the couch, eating, and trying to play with Reilly (when I can move). I somehow went from bundle of energy to bump on a log the last few days and I think I gained another 10 pounds. Seriously it hurts to just breathe sometimes. But it's almost over!!! And Rich deserves the biggest coldest martini ever. :)

Hard to believe that by tomorrow night we will have a new son or daughter. We are just so ready for he/she or get here, and I am actually looking forward to the whole process again. Maybe I am crazy, but I really treasured the process of labor last time, and I have such a great coach that I am excited to do it again. Of course I hope it's a little shorter than last time, but I guess you get what you get! Wish us luck and can't wait to post a birth story hopefully tomorrow night!!!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

YAY!! You're almost there! My labor with PJ was fast and furious compared to Jack, but so much easier overall. I hope things go well! I'm so excited for you! :)